Ever wonder about how to make winter hats work with your child’s cochlear implant or hearing aids? Here are some tips!
- Buy winter hats one or two sizes larger so the cochlear implant or hearing aid can fit underneath
- Earmuffs may be better than a hat depending on the style of the child’s cochlear implant processor.
- Make a hat with a pocket sewn onto the outside to hold the child’s behind the ear cochlear implant processor.
- Although hats may dampen the sound it is better than having constant wind noise being amplified by the microphone, or the device getting wet from snow or rain.
- A FM system or mini mic may be good options for parents when children have hats or winter clothing covering the microphone